The complaint filing procedure is very simple. Complaint can be filed personally, through courier service, email, online and fax. Form "A" containing requisite details for processing of the complaint is available free of cost at the Head office, Regional offices and website (www.fto.gov.pk). Form "A" also contains the solemn affirmation of the complainant for the following:
- That previously no complaint on the subject was filed;
- That a Representation to a senior officer of the Revenue Division or any of its Collectorates/RTOs in respect of the allegations contained in the complaint was filed, but either or no reply thereto was given within a reasonable time or the application was unjustly turned down; or
- No representation was filed.
- That the matter is not subjudice before any court of competent jurisdiction, tribunal, board or authority.
- Solemn affirmation does not require to be notarized.
2. The jurisdiction of the Head office and Regional offices is specified in the Schedule of FTO Investigation and Disposal of Complaints Regulations, 2001. The FTO may direct that a complaint falling within the territorial jurisdiction of one Regional office, be investigated at any other Regional office, or the Head office.
3. The complainant is assisted in filing the complaint by the FTO staff, if such assistance is requested.
4. The place of jurisdiction for investigation is the place of residance of the complainant, in pakistan
5. Complainant living abroad can also join the investigation through Skype/Zoom.